by Bob Chiaradio from Westerly, RI
Last Friday, RIDE released the 2022 district LEA scores for ELA, Math, and Science, and they were not pretty. Overall:
- 60% of those tested were NOT proficient in ELA,
- 67.2% were NOT proficient in Math, and
- 62.9% were not proficient in Science
- Back in 2019, Senate Bill 0863 was signed into law, in effect taking away curriculum approval power from local school committees (the people) and consolidating it into a non-elected body, in the Commissioner of Education (the state). This has never been a good thing and it sure as hell isn’t now. This awful law must be repealed.
- RIDE Director, Angelica Infante-Green, is unqualified to hold her position, and must be fired. Immediately.
- In Westerly, terrible “leadership” by Garceau, Storey, and Bowdy, has destroyed this district, and is doing the same to the town as a whole. From the CRT, DEI, SEL, and gender initiatives mentioned earlier, to the steady and consistent unaccountability toward parents and taxpayers, OMA violations, secret meetings with special interest groups, blatant lying to the public, as well as myriad other issues, the district is a festering sewer. We also have serious questions about possible violations committed by Garceau and the school committee involving his contract. Garceau and Storey must both be fired, and Bowdy must resign, or risk a recall.
Support local and honest journalism by becoming a charter member of the Ocean State Current.
As our liberties are under constant attack – and the dishonest corporate media fails to hold public officials accountable – The Ocean State Current has become the choice of parents and citizens who value honest and fearless reporting. Why? Because we provide in depth discussion of stories that other news organizations refuse to even cover.
For just $3.99 per month, or only $39.99 for a pre-paid full year, as Cruise Member you will support journalism you can trust… on issues that are important to you and your family.
As a bonus, you will also obtain exclusive access to an increasing menu of “premium” content from contributors you have come to know on our channel, such as: Mike Stenhouse, Steve Laffey, Grover Norquist, and Jeff Nyquist (Russia expert). Click here to join!