You still have an opportunity to join us for the 2022 March for Life in Washington D.C.. To reserve your spot today, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
The bus will leave Thursday morning, January 20, stay overnight in a Knights of Columbus hall, and return home Friday night.
Our speaker for Thursday night will be popular author, professor, and speaker Steve Weidenkopf.
His presentation will center around his latest book, Light from Darkness: Nine Times the Catholic Church Was in Turmoil and Came Out Stronger Than Before.
The talk highlights the crisis in the Church and how God always brings light from the darkness. The talk ends with a historical case study of two people (St. Catherine of Siena and Savonarola) on how to respond, and not respond, to a time of crisis in the Church.
If you want to reserve your seat, please email me at email@example.com now and let us know how many seats you need. The cost is $125/pp which includes the bus, lodging, two meals, and speaker.
Below is our trip itinerary.
MARCH FOR LIFE – Itinerary
THURSDAY, JANUARY 20
1. Pickup Point #1: St. Martha’s Catholic Church (2595 Pawtucket Ave., East Providence) at 6:00 AM.
2. Pickup Point #2: Park and ride off Exit 92 (North Stonington/Pawcatuck exit) at 6:45 AM.
3. Stops: We will stop two times for food/drink/bathroom during the drive.
4. Trip Duration: 7 hours non-stop without traffic; so expect our trip to take close to 9 hours with two stops and some expected traffic.)
5. Arrival: Expect to arrive at the Knights of Columbus hall in College Park, MD at about 4:00 PM.
6. Overnight Stay: We are sleeping at the Prince George Knights of Columbus Hall in College Park, MD, which is 30 minutes outside D.C.. Bring a sleeping bag (or air mattress) and a pillow.
7. Thursday Evening Agenda:
– Arrive 4PM
– Mass 5PM
– Dinner 6PM (provided by the Knights)
– Speaker 7PM
FRIDAY, JANUARY 21
1. Friday Morning Agenda:
– Wake up: 6AM
– Mass: 6:30 AM
– Breakfast: 7:15 AM (provided by the Knights)
– Depart: 8:15 AM
2. Expo: We will arrive at the Renaissance Hotel by 9:00 AM for the March for Life Expo which ends at 10:30 AM. Hundreds of pro-life organizations from across the world set up booths and presentations to showcase their great work. See more here.
3. March: We will walk from the Renaissance Hotel to the National Mall (1 mile walk) and should arrive by 11AM. At the mall there will be music, speakers, and then the actual march begins at 1PM.
4. After the March: We should arrive at the Supreme Court building around 3PM; this is the end of the march. We will all head to the metro and take the subway to RFK Stadium where our bus will be waiting for us just outside the city.
5. Metro Cards: Each person will receive a metro card Friday morning that is worth $5 – more than enough money to get to RFK Stadium.
6. Trip back to RI: We will stop twice for food/drink/bathroom. We should arrive back in RI around 11pm.
Servants of Christ for Life is a Catholic, pro-life, non-profit association of Rhode Islanders that was formed in 1973 to save unborn children from the human rights violation of abortion. In 1984 we formed two partner organizations: 1) Mother of Life Center and 2) Little Flower Home. MLC is a crisis pregnancy center that offers free ultrasounds, pregnancy tests, parenting classes, and baby products to mothers in crisis pregnancies. LFH offers free housing to mothers in crisis pregnancies.
Of the following two issues related to Rhode Island’s public schools, which one is a greater concern?